Prior authorisation is required for books sold to customers in UK, EU and Western Europe.
Titles must have been invoiced by Amberley Publishing Holdings Ltd during the previous 12 month period.
A returns form must be completed and sent with the book(s).
Invoice numbers must be quoted. If not, Amberley Publishing Holdings Ltd will credit at the earliest recorded invoiced amount for that title.
All returned books must be in good clean resalable condition without defacing marks, stickers or security devices.
We cannot guarantee to send back any books that are outside our returns conditions or are deemed as being unacceptable and reserve the right to destroy these without compensation.
Titles must be stocked for a minimum of three months before being returned for credit.
If these conditions are not met Amberley Publishing Holdings Ltd reserve the right to return any shipment at the bookseller’s cost without credit.
Delivery and packing charges will not be credited.
All returns are to be sent to Orca Book Distributions in Poole.
Any imperfect copies (those with production faults) will be accepted without time limit, and postage/carriage costs will be met by the Publisher except where the Company and the Customer agree a reduced price for the goods and the Customer retains them.
Old Editions can be returned within 3 months of publication of a new edition.
Books sold outside UK, EU and Western Europe are sold on a firm sale basis and are not returnable. Books returned to Amberley Publishing Holdings Ltd by customers outside UK, EU and Western Europe will not be credited, will not be acknowledged and will be destroyed. Amberley Publishing Holdings Ltd accepts no liability for financial losses incurred by customers who have submitted unauthorised returns.
- Any other exceptions must be agreed in writing with the Sales Manager, Finance Manager or a Director of the Company.
- All correspondence and enquiries should be addressed to: Amberley Publishing, The Hill, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL5 4EP, UK.
- Local History
- Cumbria and Lake District71item
- Derbyshire and Peak District65item
- Durham and Teesside48item
- Isle of Man4item
- Isle of Wight7item
- Lancashire, Greater Manchester and Merseyside266item
- London, Greater London, Middlesex353item
- Northumberland and Tyne and Wear112item
- Somerset, Bristol and Bath126item
- Warwickshire and West Midlands152item
- Mid Wales14item
- North Wales35item
- South Wales59item
- South West Wales12item
- Central Scotland109item
- Lowland Scotland and Borders30item
- Northern Scotland, Highlands and Islands49item
- Isle of Skye1item
- Orkney Islands5item
- Shetland Islands1item
- Western Isles and Outer Hebrides4item
- Northern Ireland13item
- Channel Islands15item
- General History
- General History144item
- Ancient History: to c.500 CE78item
- Early History: c.500 to c.1450/1500160item
- Early Modern History: c.1450/1500 to c.1700156item
- Shakespeare Studies & Criticism13item
- Modern History to 20th Century: c.1700 to c.1900130item
- 20th Century History: c.1900 to c.2000225item
- Social, Cultural and Other History379item
- True Stories, Diaries and Memoirs197item
- True Crime77item
- Jewish Studies and Judaism16item
- Inland Waterways and Rivers79item
- General Pub, Cookery and Beverages Books106item
- Colouring and Activity Books7item
- Military History
- Transport & Industry
- Amberley Series
- Current Month
- Coming Soon
- About Us