- David Devoy
15th September 2014
Strathclyde Buses can trace its roots back to the tram services provided by Glasgow Corporation, which started running buses in 1924 as a more cost-effective way of reaching the new, large council housing schemes on the outskirts of the city. Operating within the city of Glasgow and to locations such as East Kilbride, Cumbernauld, Balloch and Johnstone, the Strathclyde buses in their orange and black livery would become familiar to all Glaswegians.
In this book, bus enthusiast David Devoy takes a look at this much loved operator in a year that marks the 120th anniversary of public transport in Glasgow and the 85th anniversary and closure of the Larkfield Depot, which featured heavily in Strathclyde operations.